Throughout the year Need a Feed supports local struggling families in a variety of ways:
- Distribution Day – Twice a year one of our partner organisations hosts the Distribution Day, bringing people together for connections and a hand up. We distribute hundreds and hundreds of food ‘gifts’ to those who are going through tough times.
- Food Rescue – Monthly, the Need a Feed team attends the Foragers Market in Bulli to collect leftover food from the stallholders. This food is then redistributed directly to local families in need.
- Community Dinner – Friday nights during the school term, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, Northern Illawarra Uniting Church, Point st, Bulli – we hold a community dinner for people in need of company, a lovingly cooked meal, a cuppa and a chat, ALL WELCOME!
- Emergency Food ‘gift’ – by referral – anyone in need can apply to receive a food gift from Need a Feed. Food gifts are received via a referral system. Step 1. locate your closest Neighbourhood centre or community centre Step 2. Connect with them, they can then refer you to Need a Feed.
- Need a Coffee? – Our coffee van is located at Wollongong, Mall, Globe Lane – The Need a Coffee van is available for your next event, these events help to fund our weekly community service, contact – email@example.com